User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link New Books Worth Reading Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:25 | Seán Sheehan

offsite link 13 Billion ? Lucky for some? Mon Sep 05, 2016 13:04 | Tony Phillips

offsite link Rebuilding Ireland: Long on Promise, Short on Detail Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:20 | Eoin O'Mahony

offsite link Brexit and Other Issues: Comments on the Current Situation Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:52 | Brendan Young

offsite link Bin Charges: From Private Circus to Public Service Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 | Michael Taft

Irish Left Review >>

Spirit of Contradiction

offsite link Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh

offsite link Fake News: The Epistemology of Media Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason

offsite link Officials and Provisionals Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:54 | James O'Brien

offsite link Interview with Cathal Goulding Mon Dec 26, 2016 17:11 | Cathal Goulding

offsite link Trump, Russia and the CIA Sat Dec 10, 2016 18:23 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason

Spirit of Contradiction >>

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Garda corruption: the stripped down truth

offsite link Will Pat Hickey turn up for his trial? Anthony

offsite link Garda breath tests letter Anthony

offsite link Daniel McConnell: Happy to wear establishment blinkers Anthony

offsite link State failing in its duty to enforce law Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Putin?s answers a US journalist on the Ukraine Sun Oct 22, 2017 18:58 | The Saker
Thanks to Eugenia for translating and subtitling this interesting exchange! (please give the player a few seconds to load) UPDATE: I know that some have problems loading this video –

offsite link The Ben Stimson Case: Prosecuted For Fighting Fascism in Ukraine Sun Oct 22, 2017 15:38 | The Saker
by Christopher Black for the Near Eastern Outlook On July 14 this year a British man from the Manchester area named Benjamin Stimson, aged 41, a man the London Times

offsite link Catalonia and the rest of us Sun Oct 22, 2017 05:10 | The Saker
by Robert Scarcia This article follows a heartfelt email message regarding the political developments in Catalonia, which I sent both the Saker and Ramin Mazaheri, the only ?sakerista? I had

offsite link CrossTalk travels to Sochi to attend Valdai Discussion club EXTENDED VERSION Sun Oct 22, 2017 04:49 | Scott
CrossTalk: Imagining Russia (EXTENDED VERSION)   CrossTalk has travelled to Sochi to attend Valdai Discussion club. On this edition of the program we discuss Russophobia and its impact on U.S.-Russia

offsite link Made In Russia VIII Sat Oct 21, 2017 20:05 | Scott
by Scott Humor As the story goes, someone was driving a European guest to Yakutsk from Magadan. After they took off for their journey, the passenger got concerned about the

The Saker >>

Minutes for Nov 14th 2007

This contains Meeting Minutes for Nov 14th and the agenda and actions to be taken. Date of the next Indymedia meeting is given
Minutes of Nov 14th Indymedia Meeting from 7:50:pm to 9:10pm
5 People in attendence

Agenda
1) Review actions from previous meeting on Oct 20th 2007
2) Report back On Bristol IMC meeting
3) Site Enhancements
4) New Editors
5) Passwords & Site Stuff

1) Review of Previous meeting minutes and actions
1a) Prv Action: To enforce stricter intrepretation of Other Press category to be carried out. Being done

1b) Prv Action: To contact NGOs for Outreach. Not complete yet. Mark is working on this.

1c) Prv Action: Ant to coordinate writing of text for outreach leaflet. Not complete yet. Ant will work on this and post text to list within a week

1d) Prv Action: To hold an event for Eamons Crudden's new film. Done already in Seomra Spraoi but not organised by Indymedia, although we did a feature article promoting it. Successful night.

1e) Prv Action: To hold an Indy open day/workshops. To be organised. Probably for February.

1f) Prv Action: To implement code changes for transparency of actions with IP monitor. Completed.

1g) Prv Action: To generate automatic email when someone is banned. Not done.
This generated a lot of discussion and two proposals were put forward around IP banning. These were
*Proposal 1: Before a moderator can ban someone, you must provide URL evidence as a means of justifying the ban.
Vote: Not carried. 3 against, 1 for, 1 abstain
Summary: It would further increase the workload.

*Proposal 2: To aim to ban someone for less than or equal to 3 days and not more than 3 days for a 1st time ban
Vote: Motion carried. 5 For.
Action: To implement auto generation of email to list when an IP is banned.

1h) Prv Action: Ant to investigate how to run video on server. Partially completed. Ant has installed bit-torrent tracker software (it coordinates users) and is now ready to start hosting some videos for use with bit-torrent. Proposing to give ftp access to Eamon and maybe Revolt video.
He will continue work and investigation of flash mode.
Action: Static Oscailt page to be updated with info on this and new film Route Irish

1i) Prv Action: Terry to investigate enabling users to post Youtube videos. Partially complete. Code completed and tested and ready to go. Other formats can follow later.
This generated some discussion and a proposal and action
*Proposal: To allow users to embedded You tube video in stories and comments.
Vote: Motion carried. 5 votes for
Action: Ter To write up a story to announce this.

1j) Prv Action: Terry to become list administrator and get trained. Done. Ant provided training. Ant will resign from list administration shortly
Action: Ant to see if James and or C. will come back to List Administration

1k) Prv Action: To review Reddy's proposed new front page. Not done.
This generated discussion and his mockup was reviewed briefly by all those present at the meeting.
In summary, proposed page was generally agreeable, but the limit of only 1 feature was an issue because 2 or more features can help build up for an event. Also to do this properly will very likely require Oscailt code changes.
Action: For each person present, to respond to list with review of Reddys Proposal within 2 weeks

2) Bristol IMC Meeting Report back.
Ter already sent report to lists and resummarized main points.
Action: To investigate implmeneting 1 hour delay on comment publishing like Bristol IMC, except to on a per story rather than per site basis

3) Site Enhancments: It was agreed to postpone this item to the next meeting, but to be at the top of the agenda.

4) New editors
Discussion about getting people involved and our rules about it in the constitution.
Action: To discuss procedures for joining the collective
Action: Padraic to send email to discuss this on the list

5) Passowrds & Site Stuff
Discussion about enforcing 3 month idle rule, except it is not applicable to anyone
Action: Ter to create static Oscailt page(s) of meeting minutes. This can grow to include decisions of the Collective.
Action: Padraic to submit proposal on more relevant site documentation

Next Meeting: Wed 7:30pm to 9pm 12th Dec. Same place. And possibly followed by drinkees.

Agenda - will be:
1) Site Enhancements
2) Front page (Reddys')
3) Outreach

© 2001-2017 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy