Blog Feeds

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link New Books Worth Reading Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:25 | Seán Sheehan

offsite link 13 Billion ? Lucky for some? Mon Sep 05, 2016 13:04 | Tony Phillips

offsite link Rebuilding Ireland: Long on Promise, Short on Detail Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:20 | Eoin O'Mahony

offsite link Brexit and Other Issues: Comments on the Current Situation Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:52 | Brendan Young

offsite link Bin Charges: From Private Circus to Public Service Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 | Michael Taft

Irish Left Review >>

Spirit of Contradiction

offsite link What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith

offsite link The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith

offsite link Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh

offsite link Fake News: The Epistemology of Media Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason

offsite link Officials and Provisionals Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:54 | James O'Brien

Spirit of Contradiction >>

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Alison O’Connor and professional deceit

offsite link Educating Marian Finucane Anthony

offsite link Denis O’Brien: Are the sharks closing in? Anthony

offsite link Kathy Sheridan: Afraid to speak truth to power? Anthony

offsite link Una Mullally: The youth of Ireland are on the march Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Nov. 16, 2018: U.S. Exposes Assad?s ?Evil Plan? To Hurl Middle East Into Chaos Fri Nov 16, 2018 15:40 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syri... On November 15, US Ambassador to Syria James Jeffrey exposed an evil plan of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to create ISIS and to hurl the Middle East, particularly Syria

offsite link Prophetic! Solzhenitsyn?s Famous Harvard Speech Predicted Complete Collapse of American Society Thu Nov 15, 2018 17:18 | The Saker

offsite link House of Cards finale: #MeToo, sure, but women are just as bad as men Thu Nov 15, 2018 15:33 | The Saker
by Ramin Mazaheri for The Saker Blog (SPOILER ALERT! This article is not very good.) If House of Cards only had a first season and a final season it could

offsite link Thanking vets for their ?service? ? why? Thu Nov 15, 2018 09:10 | The Saker
[This article was written for the Unz Review] Depending on the context, the small word “why” can be totally innocuous or it can be just about the most subversive and

offsite link Moveable Feast Cafe 2018/11/15 ? Open Thread Thu Nov 15, 2018 04:00 | Herb Swanson
2018/11/15 04:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of

The Saker >>

Minutes for Feb 2nd 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for 2nd Feb and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time: 12:30pm to 1:15:pm

Agenda:
1) Hosting of more torrent files/films
2) Videos Disabled
3) Open Day
4) Recruits/Features.

1) Discussion: About need to upload more films for torrent format.
Action
a) Ant to to write page about how to upload torrent file and what to do.

2) Videos are disabled because we don't have enough bandwidth. Existing bandwidth is around 10Mb/s and we already use 50%.
Action
a) To write up a page describing how and where to upload videos and link to them. i.e. to archive.org

3) Open Day: Discussion around this really ended up about having a stall on the Anarchist book fair on Mar 15th and maybe having a open meeting to tell people about how to get involved. The aims agreed were to try and get the Outreach leaflet ready for it.
Actions:
a) Ant will take to Eamon C about getting CDs for Route Irish film, having a stall and maybe showing a film.
b) Chkov to get the Outreach PDF from Reddy and to edit it for the text and images as part of preparation.
c) Mark, to make up pamphelets of existing recent good stories for distribution at the stall. d) Mark to follow up investigating if we can get Indymedia T-shirts, and associated costs etc.
e) Action to write up a story on Indy, requesting designs / help for T-Shirts.

4) Recruits/ Features.
Some discussion about recruitment of new moderators and how to get people interested, particularly in joining the email lists. It was suggested we need to document our decisions on the Indy static pages to help people speed up the learning process about the in and outs of Indymedia and thus enable them to get involved, understand the process, and contribute. There was also some discussion about emphasing to readers that Indy does not endorse everything that is written on the site. And some consideration to be given to writing features that fall on the criticism side.
Action:
a) Ant volunteered to try and get one feature out at the end of every week.

Next meeting to be on Sat, March 1st 2008
Agenda will be focused on Indy stall at bookfair on March 15th

© 2001-2018 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy